Friday, September 23, 2005

Squarky

In the past week, last friday to be precise, I acquired a little blue and white teddy bear. Unfortunately it had nothing to do with SO... but I digress. The point is that it's a remarkably comforting thing to have around. A squisy little thing that looks at you adoringly all the time. Kinda like my poor little ex-dog. He lived a long life, but I still wonder why it had to end. Again though, I digress.

SO's got exams currently and believes that he's going to take a beating. His thoughts run along the lines of putting his fists up and getting prepared to take a beating. Weirdly, when I read that, my primary urge is to place myself between him and anything and anybody who wants to beat him. Kinda 'over my dead body'. Unfortunately, these are exams and though I'd like to be able to help, there's absolutely no way I can do that.

Such is life I guess. Wonder whom I wouldn't throw myself in front of a car/bus for... Once SO and I had a discussion about love - on how some people's definition of it is how you'd give your life up for the object of your affection. There are, though, several people who'd give up their lives for anybody, random strangers even. So where does that leave us? Trying to decide whom I wouldn't give up my life for...... Again, this can't be some random list of people like Ted Bundy, or closer to home the random Indian high caste men who believe that all women are theirs to abuse. I shall cogitate upon this.

And in the mean time... over my dead body!!

No comments: