Thursday, April 19, 2012

Who I am and What I do

I am enjoying my 30s. I'm young and healthy, earning well and working smart. Also, I seem to have attained some kind of internal balance. I understand myself so much better, my moods, my triggers, what upsets me and why, all good things, because I can do something about fixing issues.

I will not currently post about relationships, because those are impacted by this confidence and awareness and are all coping in their own ways.

What I do want to say is that I still find Sufi music the most comforting. I'm not sure whether it's the music or the lyrics, but it seems to work well. I'm curious about this because I have experience with hymns, which express very similar feelings, in very similar words (albeit in English) but I'm seeking out my Sufi songs and not hymns. I'm also intrigued by the lack of Hindu religious music in my head. I'm not sure this is a bad thing, but I don't want to discriminate :)

It's only April and actually a lot has happened this year. A lot more promises to happen and I'm growing as a person. I'm happy with this growth.

No comments: