Wednesday, April 09, 2014

Opposites

It feels weird to blog about this but it's affecting me, and I need to be able to continue working without this baggage, so I'm putting it on here. I don't want to tell friends as they will stress for me, I don't want to tell family because I don't think they will understand.

I spoke with SO last weekend, saying this marriage isn't working for me. I feel very alone and lonely, but that I won't leave him. He said he heard and would do something. That was Saturday I think. Today is Thursday. We have not exchanged a word since Sunday night. On Sunday night I asked him something about whether he thinks of me, he said yes, but then he puts it out of his mind.

I feel now like that has been my place in this relationship. There is always something more important or urgent or both. I know I have said as much before, just that over the past few months, I've been trying not to be affected by him and his lack of attention/affection. This doesn't change the things I want, just that increasingly, I don't want them from him. Like now, even if he wants to talk to me, I doubt very much that I will be willing to talk about anything but pleasantries or share information that needs to be shared.

I guess this is a breakdown in communications. Coming hot on the heels of my telling him I feel alone, I do not understand it at all. This is exactly the opposite of what I expected. More fool me for having expectations?

No comments: