Monday, April 08, 2013

Time... Wait For It

Randall Munroe has a comic up, it's called Time (http://www.xkcd.com/1190/) the mouse over is 'Wait for It'. He's been continuing to post past this comic, but this one continues to evolve. And it's still saying 'wait for it' so I for one, am waiting. I'm sure it will be awesome.

I'm also taking this as a personal message, waiting for an outcome that I hope will go one way, but which might well go the other. The main highlights are that a friend's mother guessed that I might be expecting (because I looked incredibly tired... not sure if that's good or bad) and I've confessed my lateness to my mother and another friend. I have also made an appointment with a doctor for early next week. Why next week? Because this is a short work week, with SO's grandmother visiting us from Thursday evening to Sunday afternoon. I'm also meeting my cousin for lunch on Wednesday and a friend for a 'girl's spa day' on Thursday, so I don't want to add potential bad news or investigation to this week. I figure, if the period comes, it comes. If it doesn't come, then I'll have more to ask her next week. On a less flippant note, I could take another test, but I'm quite sure it'll be negative (so much for positive mental attitude), and I know I'd be upset by a negative... so this is what I'm going to do.

How do I feel? Tired most of the time, thirsty often (leading to the obvious, visiting the loo more often), my fingers are slightly swollen, I have a constantly slightly sore lower back, and my digestive tract isn't functioning as efficiently as it used to. Are these symptoms, sure, but they could be because I'm not sleeping properly because it's hot (and boy is it hot!). I'd like to believe, I talk to the 'baby' but I'm preparing for it not to be as well.

No comments: