Monday, April 01, 2013

As Expected

I am not expecting. My period is not here yet, but it's probably a matter of hours now. I took a test (after holding out 4 days beyond the expected date of my period) and it's negative. I'm not devastated, I suppose mainly because this would have been a real miracle, and maybe I'm a little bit in shock, but maybe also the experience of being mother to my friend's baby for 5 months has made these little waits completely tolerable.

Fayakun :)

Edited to Add: I was all philosophical in the earlier part of this as it was morning. I woke up practically in the middle of the night (3 a.m), went back to sleep and woke up again at 4:30 a.m. That time, I told myself that since I was up, I should test. Last night, I strategised about how I would go about testing (no pee sticks, need a receptacle... sorry! I know it's TMI). Anyway, I tested, waited the appropriate amount of time, saw the 'Control' line and gave up. I went about my day and figured that my iron is low, which is also what could be causing fatigue. Dutifully, I also surfed the net for other people who were 'delayed' but had negative test results. I noted that several of them went back and looked at their tests hours later (gross you say?). I also noted that several hours have passed and my period is not here yet. Maybe tomorrow... maybe.

Though, I'm back home now, and true to gross form, I've re-checked and there is what would at least qualify as an evaporation line. So... I'm gross :)

No comments: