Friday, July 22, 2011

Ninja Assassin

I watched this movie yesterday, completely by chance. I was blown away by the male lead. He looked amazing! I wondered what he did for a living and how I'd not heard of an action star named 'Rain' so Google came to the rescue. Now a quip from the movie makes more sense.

What I'm more curious about is, did they intend this movie for action audiences or for female audiences? The fight scenes apart, Rain rarely has a shirt on and looks fabulous (after working out 6 hours a day for 6 months, I'd showcase my body too) and thanks to all the fighting is sometimes sweaty, sometimes has water thrown on him... just making me appreciate the hard work even more. Oh yes! Sometimes speckled in blood...

Kind of like Jason Stratham. I'd watch a Jason Stratham movie anytime, he takes a lot of trouble with his body and likes to show it off, and I appreciate it :)

I'm wondering if this is something producers/directors are on to? Making action movies that couples watch, the men for the action, the women for the star?

2 comments:

Me said...

Have you seen the bit on Colbert Report where Rain appears? It's the coolest!

Spicy Chai said...

Hi Me! Thank you for the comment, going to find this now!