Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Relationships

No... this is not another post about my poor SO. Actually it's a post about a colleague/boss/friend of mine. I've known him for a few years and we're not incredibly close but have one good friend in common and enjoy each other's company. I guess it helps that I get along with his wife.

He has absolutely the most energy I know. He finds enough time to chat with all the people he works with closely so that they feel included in his world and happy. It's not like he's plotting to spend x amount of time with each person over a week but he manages it awesomely well. Beyond that, he manages to put enough effort into his relationship with his ex-girlfriend so that she never feels out of it. He practically calls her every day, he definitely calls when she's ill. It's quite awesome. I don't do that much for my friends, let alone ex-s. I personally am of the opinion that he married a girl who would suit him socially but not completely intellectually and he needs his ex in his life for that.

However, I am in awe of his ability to invest in relationships to such a huge degree.

No comments: