Thursday, October 13, 2005

I Pod! Do You?

The parents were away on a nice long vacation to the US of A. They visited all our relatives in that part of the world, notably my brother. I was nice enough not to give them a shopping list and wondered what they'd bring me back. Honestly, when they left there was nothing I wanted from there. By the time they returned, I'd found a couple of things. A perfume you don't get here and a Citizen Eco-Drive watch that also you don't get here. So I mailed them but really really late, figuring that they wouldn't be able to get it.

Instead, of their own accord, they bought me an IPod!!! And not just any IPod, the U2 Special Edition! Over the years, I've gotten fonder and fonder of U2 till now I'm convinced that if they ever have a concert in India, I'm there! Another band in that category is Aerosmith. Lets see.... we have time :)

I was checking my personal mail and one one of the lists.. this is what I got:
"How beautiful it is to do nothing, and then rest afterward. - Spanish proverb"

:) I always knew that in a past life I was from that part of the world.. actually yesterday I was listening to a song by Il Divo called Passera and it almost made me cry. I think it was more the voices.. I love male singing voices and these guys are awesome! All along I've liked male tenor, bass and baritone singing voices. I used to like this actor named Mario Lanza who was first a singer. The regular pop/rock singers.... they have words but not 'voices'. The opera singers have voices with a capital V. Their diction sometimes is strange but what voices!!

No comments: