Monday, April 18, 2011

Hobbies

I'd like to think I have hobbies, but apart from reading, I don't really have any firm ones. I embroider a bit (but have started only giant projects, so haven't finished any), I knit, I own a digital camera and have taken some good pictures, but haven't taken any in a while, etc.

Beginning recently and taking a serious step forward today, SO and I have begun a new hobby, gardening. Our mothers are avid gardeners (which made me somewhat averse to it) and I was sure I had a brown thumb (after killing a couple of plants in my youth) so I'm not sure how this one will go. We were gifted a plant in September (house-warming) and we bought 3 on the weekend (2 Jasmines and one Marigold) and we bought some pots and did some re-potting today. It's a strangely fulfilling thing, to see pots holding green plants and not leaking (though the sides are damp). I'm hoping that these will live (if not flourish) and we'll get braver and move to more plants.

No comments: