Monday, November 15, 2010

That's the Man

I want...

I want a man who knows that at the end of a difficult day/week, I want to be cuddled. Properly cuddled, to have him wrap himself around me so the only thing I can hear is his heartbeat and breathing and the rest of the world recedes away into silence.

The voices that clamour daily about how I need to do stuff are silent, the voices in my head telling me I'm not doing enough are silent. The voices that tell me that it's all going to hell are silent. And I can only hear him, as he tells me that it will all be ok. And I believe him.

I want a man who knows how to love. Who knows that sex is one part of it, the release of a specific tension, like eating for hunger, but that making love is much more. An expression of an emotion, a very special emotion, that needs special expression. Who is willing to take the time it takes to let me feel his love. Who appreciates that I start things up, that I keep things going, that I do what I do, to show him my love. That sometimes it's hunger, but sometimes it IS love. And when it's rejected, it hurts the love.

But hey, everybody wants stuff...

No comments: