Monday, November 21, 2005

Days of Thunder

Last week was quite exciting. Had an official training/bonding session which ended in some unofficial fun. After the session some of us hung on and saw Mysore and had some fun. I got to go-kart! The last time I went was Valentine's Day, 2003. It was great fun and I knew I'd be good at it but didn't get too much time in. This time was a super blast!! I got the fastest time of the week and would quite like to go back to Mysore to take a picture of my name up. Then we saw some other sights and sounds and had an overall good time.

In other interesting news, the story of the male student allegedly molested by the head of orthopedics in Ram Manohar Lohia Hospital, Delhi, caught my eye. At first I didn't know whether the student was male or female and was surprised that such a hue and cry was being made over the molestation of a female student. When I discovered that the student was male, I figured it made sense.

Long ago once someone asked (regarding some nonsensical incident in college) whether I didn't feel angry that women were treated a certain way. I remember lashing out at that poor chap (who was trying to be sensitive) because I had already lived about 6-7 years with random people looking you up and down, mutterring things as they passed you on the street and being roadside romeos. Where was this dude's righteous indignation then? Where is it when a girl walks along the road looking down lest some goon decide that she's interested in him just cause she happened to look at his face?

And where is all the anger when girl's are molested by superiors?

No comments: